Redirect

Saturday, September 11, 2010

New point and shoot camera! Panasonic LX5

I've had the new Panasonic LX5, and this is by far the best point and shoot that I have owned. It's time for me to sell my Canon S90! I'm usually partial to Canon point and shoots, but the Canon G11 is just too big to carry around and the S90 doesn't have a hotshoe.

Things I like about the camera:
  • It's small -- it fits tight in my jeans because of the protruding lens, so a jacket pocket would probably be better.
  • Wide angle lens (24mm equivalent on a full frame)
  • It has a ton of features, half of which I won't probably use. It has manual adjustments which is a necessity for control. I did try face recognition today (it will show the name of the person it's focusing on) and in camera cropping which are nice additions.
  • It has a hotshoe - perfect for off camera flash. The picture below is composed with a 2 flash setup triggered/received by Cybersyncs from Alienbees.com. Cybersyncs are nice and compact and reliable.

Check out the Amazon reviews and click on the picture below for the original size.
    strobist: flash on camera right with umbrella. bare flash hitting the background purple gelled

    Exif data

    Camera Panasonic DMC-LX5
    Exposure 0.005 sec (1/200)
    Aperture f/5.6
    Focal Length 19.2 mm (90mm equivalent?)
    ISO Speed 100
    Exposure Bias 0 EV
    Flash On, Fired

    No comments:

    Post a Comment